Drain cleaning is seldom a topic that is discussed in many households. In fact, most of the time, cleaning drains only come to mind once a problem has become known. Don’t be that kind of homeowner, with proper and frequent care of your drains, you can avoid a lot of headaches. How can you get excellent drain cleaning service?
Why drain cleaning is important?
Obviously there are many benefits to doing drain cleaning. Proper drain treatment will help to:
- Prevent Clogged Drain – clogs and blockages are major hassles especially when it comes to a clogged toilet. You won’t be able to use it until the clogged has been removed. Drain cleaning will prevent this from happening.
- Longer Drain Life – the truth of the matter is that regularly damaged drains will lead to premature failure of the system. For example, your clogged kitchen sink will eventually damage the pipes if it happens frequently, which can result in a burst or broken pipe eventually. Regular cleaning keeps the pipes healthy.
- Remove Strange Odors – it doesn’t matter if it’s a blocked shower drain or a clogged sink, if the sewage does not flow properly, strange odors will come from your drains. Frequent cleaning is an effective way to prevent this.
- Save Money – don’t think of drain cleaning service as expenses, by keeping your drains healthy, you avoid potential plumbing problems that can be costly and irritating.
When the right times doing drain cleaning?
Is there really a right time to do drain cleaning? Generally, it should be done on a regular basis, but more so when some danger signals begin to manifest like:
- Slow Drains – this can be in your bathroom drain for example and may not seem like a big deal. But, this is a warning sign that is an indication of a presence of a clog. The earlier you deal with it, the better for you.
- Frequent Clogs – persistent clogging is another danger sing. You clear a clogged drain and it comes back again after a while, you have to call a professional to check on the problem further and avert a potential plumbing disaster.
- Multiple Clogs – this is one of the dangerous plumbing problems because it happens in more than one area of your plumbing. This is a sign of a problem with your main drain that affects many plumbing fixtures in your property.
- Foul Odor – when it happens in the kitchen drain you may mistake it for a problem with your garbage disposal unit. But, commonly this is an indication of sewer gases rising up to your home from your drains. A professional plumber should be able to help you deal with this problem.
- Flooding – the overflowing water is usually caused by a sewer system backflow because the sewage cannot freely flow to where it is supposed to go due to the blockage. This is dangerous because of the contaminants in the sewage.
How often you should clean your drains? This would depend on the extent of usage. Ideally, a good rule of thumb to follow is to observe a monthly cleaning schedule. By doing this frequent maintenance routine, you will be able to abort more costly and disastrous problems caused by your drains.
How to clean your drain?
Proper drain cleaning service requires professional help. However, this does not mean that you cannot do some things on your own to ensure the good health of your drains. Even without drain inspection equipment, here is something you can do.
- Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain and sprinkle a bit across the drain and removable strainer if you have one.
- Get a cup of white vinegar and microwave it for two minutes.
- Carefully pour the heated vinegar down the drain to create a bubbling effect as it reacts to the baking soda.
- Leave for five minutes to allow the mixture to do its work.
- Open the warm water and let it run for 30 seconds to allow the mixture to flush down the drain and clean its path.
When you do this drain maintenance routine, you no longer need chemical drain cleaners that can cause damage to your plumbing pipes. This is an equally effective solution without the risks.
Why you should call the professional drain cleaner to do it?
Although the above mentioned routine works, you will still need a plumber if you want to keep your drains in tiptop shape. There are a number of reasons why professional drain service is something you must seriously consider.
- Savings – the technical expertise of licensed professional plumbers will allow you to generate savings on the long term. How? By helping you prevent costly and possibly dangerous plumbing problems.
- Safety – without the proper tools or knowledge, it is difficult to accurately say that you are not experiencing plumbing problems. A professional can give your system a run through to ensure everything is in order.
- Faster – because of their experience and equipment, professionals will be able to do the cleaning faster and in the right manner.
- No Worries – with the right drain cleaning solutions applied to your problem, you can sleep soundly knowing there is nothing to worry about with your plumbing.
Why choose us to clean your drain?
It does not matter if you have a commercial or residential plumbing. Despite the difference between residential and commercial plumbing, we are confident that we can handle both because of our extensive experience in the plumbing industry.
This means that when we do residential drain cleaning or emergency drain cleaning, we can assure you of four things:
- Safe Cleaning
- Quality Work
- Effective Tools
- Varied Solutions
As certified plumbing provider, we can deliver better results than any commercial drain cleaner can promise.
To keep your home plumbing healthy and get the best drain cleaner around, contact Santa Ana Plumber today!